Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Our lives are completely a figment of our imagination.








Everything is as we imagine it. 

What would it be if it had no name?

I am an altered state of consciousness. 

Memories aren't remembered, they're reconstructed.

A memory is a piece of altered architecture. 

Gradually the overloaded mind forgets things in order to allow new entries.

If you remember too much, it interferes with living.

The photograph becomes the memory.

The photograph is not the life.

Don't look at the photographs until you've forgotten the trip.

We eventually become our photographs. 

Pity the person who lives in a world of symbols. 

How can mind be a noun? 

Madness repeats itself in a way the imagination never can.

Time equals structure.

You'd better do it for yourself. Nobody else wants it.

I have to want to make the journey before I'll try to reach the goal.

Everything a social construct to hold up the way we live.

He had to invent a problem for his solution.

The world won't be the same when I leave it.

He only looked for what he had forgotten.

Don't lose faith in the myth of yourself.

I've done this before, but not in the same way.

The past just ended. 

Worry about being witty, not profound. 

Yes, he said, I'm inventing tomorrow.

I skipped a few steps so I couldn't go backward.

Leave the past alone or it will take revenge. 

The last time I understood my world I got bored.

If you have to choose between chaos and order, remember: order has fewer options. 

Be careful which reality you choose.

Enlightenment (nirvana): everything has a meaning, even if you don't know what that meaning is.

Meaning is a feeling, not a thought.

This the appeal of drugs - coffee, alcohol, magic mushrooms, lsd - they put you in a state of meaning. 

I can't imagine a world without me. 






relevant photos: http://www.pbase.com/wwp/nostalgia